MyLife.com Sucks!

No, I don’t mean my actual life I mean the website MyLife.com

I’ve never joined them, never knew about them until I found myself listed on their site four times.

Since 2009 I’ve been asking them to remove me from their website and they refuse to. I never joined the site. They added me without asking and emailed me about confirming my membership. I never confirmed it, I ignored it. Forgot about it actually. I’ve emailed them four times now since September of last year asking to be removed and they won’t respond.

In their TOS it says, and I quote:

To request that a Member Profile or Public Profile be deleted, please contact Customer Care at 1-888-704-1900 or contact us by email at privacy@mylife.com. Upon receipt of these requests, and confirmation that you are requesting that your own profile be removed, please allow MyLife 10 business days to complete this removal. It may be necessary to contact you to validate that you are the profile owner requesting the removal. This is to ensure the correct identity and profile ownership before completing these requests, and is for the protection of our users and their privacy.

But apparently they don’t care to abide by their own terms or service.

I want removed from their site and I also want my deceased mother removed as well but they refuse to respond to my emails at all.

Stay away from MyLife.com as all they care about is collecting data on people and using it for whatever purposes they deem fit.

They don’t respond to emails even though it says right there to email them about being removed. it says it takes 10 days, but I’m at 8 months now since the first email with no response. So they’re liars in my book, and I hate liars.

11 comments for “MyLife.com Sucks!

1. j K
    June 1, 2011 at 10:28 am

They will delete you and put your under someone else, JUST A GAME to get people to buy their service I KEEP POPPING UP AND I HAVE A STALKER PROBLEM AND HAVE ASKED NOW GOING TO BLOG ABOUT THEM AND THEIR CEO.

2. mc
    June 9, 2011 at 9:03 am

i hate it too

3. jc
    June 14, 2011 at 10:18 am

mylife.com is a scam to suck you in and give you no service… I am gonna spend real time trying to expose what crap they do to people in the name of some service they pretend to give. I work in the media so maybe I can say somerhing

4. CH
    July 10, 2011 at 7:36 pm

Anything that won’t let you leave their website without killing the process in task manager SUCKS !

5. Robert Knight
    August 7, 2011 at 1:40 pm

I stupidly joined, but when I realized what a scam it was, I immediately tried to cancel my membership. I finally had to report my credit card stolen before I could get away from them.

I am firmly convinced that they simply make up the names of those people who are supposedly searching for you. It is all a bunch of BS.

6. Warren
    February 23, 2012 at 3:19 pm

They are a scam. They don’t even check records to see if the person is living or dead. I found my buddy in there and she has been deceased for 4 years. They should be considered by the Federal Trade Commission for audits, and prosecution for unfair/illegal trade practices.

7. April 14, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Mylife.com was constantly email me that a person name Ruby was looking for my wife. My wife has been on ancestry. com a bunch of times looking for 3 lost siblings one who’s name is Ruby. For a month they kept sending these emails saying Ruby was looking into my wife’s name and so I finally decided to let her check into it even though I recently lost my job because of my company closing and really didn’t have the money. So we paid the 15 dollars and some change, logged on to find out you can not even see who’s looking into you. Then my wife called a bitched at them so they upgraded it for free so we could see who was looking into her to find out this person name Ruby was not even looking into to her at all. I blame myself for not researching this before I jumped into it but this website took information off ancestry.com to rip me off without my permission. I hope they rot in hell for breaking my wife’s heart and scamming me out of money I do not have to WASTE on a GIANT SCAM. Thank you

8. Susan
    April 30, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Just saw their ad on TV and went to their web site. I’ll agree with the others that say they suck. Jeez….how do these companies make money when everyone hates them!!!!

9. M C
    October 6, 2013 at 8:42 pm

People, this company owes miilions to everyone who has their name on this site without permission. Get your recourse. This so called “comapny has no right to have your name and the names of your family on their site without your permission. Even though many of us have asked them a thousand times to remove our names, they do not/will not take the names off. It is time this company pay restitution for invasion of privacy. Take them down. The company should not be allowed to have this so called “business”. Whoever is involved with this company should have no business ever again. This is a constitutional violation against the right to privacy. So please let’s get the masses together on this and get this illegal invasion of privacy by this company to stop. They seem to think they can ignore your request to take your name and that of your family off your site. But they cannot ignore the constitution. Sooner or later they will be taken down. They will be sued and sued for billions to pay restitution to those who have request time and time again to remove personal information from their site. STAND STRONG and protect civil liberties.

10. sam fletcher
    September 8, 2015 at 2:51 pm

These cockroaches are undoubtedly bankrolling cash from countless victims unaware, too afraid or too ashamed to step forward, in fact even more when so many have.
    The longer this is allowed to persist, the worse it will get.
    Hard to believe this continues, completely unopposed when their tactics are so blatantly offensive, and corrupt.

It’s backwards trending garbage such as this, that eventually brings about internet police to infringe on everything else. This pestilence needs to be exterminated, by mob rule if necessary.

11. Mark Strutman
    November 19, 2019 at 12:54 am

Yes this site sucks like a big dog. show the democrats are dumbshits with trying to show this. the guys that started this are dem and as f’ed up as any of them. why does are government permit this

Comments are closed.