Inslink Financial Inc

Well I’ve totally lost the post for Inslink Financial Inc, or North American Millions Jackpot or USA Millions Jackpot. So I thought I would post the pictures again of the actual letter and check for all to see. The thumbnails link to large hi-res scans.
Here’s the check they sent to me, yeah it looks very real:

and here’s the actual letter:

And here’s a bit more information:

Robert Smith or Catherine Jennings

US Branch:
Suite 500
665 Broadway St.
New York, New York US 10012

John Adams
Chief Financial Officer, Phd

Essentially it says I’ve won $250,000 and if I don’t clain the prize in thirty days it will be returned to USA Millions Jackpot…

but I thought it was the North American Millions Jackpot, but now they say it’s the USA Millions Jackpot.

-Says I have to cash check and give them $2,900 for taxes by calling Rob or Catherine at the above listed number… umm yeah right..

Well I knew it was a scam but I was curious so I called Horizon Bank just to see, they directed me to customer service and immediately knew what I was talking about. So it’s well known to them…

as I said this is an abridged version of the original post, I can’t even find it on Google Cache…

and as sort of an update to this I’ve got yet another scam post coming up in a few.. need to scan it in.. but it’s another good one…

The professionals in the field of website development look for internet advertising of their web portfolio so that they could showcase their talent to more and more people around the world. No business can prosper without good online marketing. Even no one is coming to buy a domain on your site unless you don’t tell them that you are selling cheapest domain name.

62 comments for “Inslink Financial Inc

1. Crystal
    August 20, 2007 at 7:54 pm

Thank you! I got one of these today and even faxed it to my lawyer to see about it because it looked so real. He said it’s probably a scam, too. My jackpot entry number was even identical to yours!!! The only difference is that they used Tapco Credit Union on my check. I emailed that bank to see if they knew anything about it. Thank you for posting this on the web, though. I can quit looking for houses now. LOL

2. Ash
    September 4, 2007 at 2:39 am

My roommate got one of these in the mail today as well, but the check was made out from RBC Centura Bank. The company at the top was also not Inslink Financial, was listed as “Citi Mutual Group”, Thanks for your post, we’ve received stuff like this before, can keep track of how many different names they use XD

3. Steve
    September 4, 2007 at 7:47 am

i received one of these yesterday as well. The check appears to be from RBC centura Bank in Canton, NC., and the letter came from Citi Mutual Group. I just started my online research and came across this post. Thanks for posting this information, now I can quit waisting my time with this scam.

4. Jeff and Patricia
    September 5, 2007 at 10:19 pm

Yes, we just received the check, and I am an experienced scam spotter from way back. But this one is good. It’s not like the long-lost-relative-whose-left-you-money-and-now-you’re-being- contacting-from-the-account-manager-from-overseas scam. Much better. I was actually, maybe, 20% hopeful on this one. Got my pulse going, actually. First time. It probably has sucked in quite a few people. My question is, what do you suggest we do? Obviously these people aren’t at the addresses and phone numbers listed. What do you think?

5. September 6, 2007 at 3:56 am

One of the things you can do is forward the letter and everything you got to you local postmaster and report it as fraud.

6. Laura
    September 6, 2007 at 5:32 pm

I received one of those letters today also. Thank you for posting this information. My check is from RBC Centura Bank.

7. Cindy
    September 12, 2007 at 2:22 pm

We got one of these letters too. It does look real! So glad you gave us the heads up. Our check was from RBC Centura Bank. So what happens to people who cash the check?

8. chrissy
    September 14, 2007 at 12:16 am

Yeah, I got a letter tonight in the mail. It does look real, thats for sure. I looked at your File Number and your lucky Numbers and I have the same numbers. I’m so glad you posted this, to warn others and my self! These types of people piss me off!!! Thanks again for posting yours.

9. Mark
    September 17, 2007 at 7:10 pm

Thanks for the heads up! I recommend that everyone email friens, family and co-workers on this scam. Let’s all do our part in helping the one’s that might not catch this scam.

10. Jane
    September 18, 2007 at 11:49 am

i just got one from citi mutual group, got my heart going, my daughter decided to resaerch it becuase it had a lot of contradicting info. The check was from Peoples Bank (haha clever). Thank you for starting this.

11. Richard & Lori
    September 23, 2007 at 7:46 am

This is a SCAM! We received one over the weekend, and yet another bank was listed. The Cashiers Check was from Peoples Bank. Yet it stated it was payable through Preferred Bank Los Angeles, CA. Our amount was $4,844.00. Ours will be at the Post Masters office on Monday. Thanks for all the info.

12. Brenda
    September 24, 2007 at 9:32 am

I received one as well on Peoples Bank, payable through Preferred Bank Los Angeles, CA. My amount was for $4,788.00. I called our State Attorney Generals office concerning this

13. Erin
    September 25, 2007 at 4:14 pm

I thought that I would have to use the money to pay for my husbands hospital bills from the heart attack he almost had. These despicable people prey on the dreams of those of us who are sruggling to keep our families hope alive. DONT BE FOOLED.

14. Lauren
    October 2, 2007 at 1:39 pm

I received one of these letters in the mail today. Like the last several entries mine was written from Peoples Bank, but payable through Preffered Bank Los Angeles, Ca. for $ 4,899.00. I thought that for a split second how nice this would be, then I had mmy daughter look it up and then I found this Info. Thanks a Million. By the way I actually called the # and got a message that said That basically the mailbox is full. FYI: there is actually a Peoples First Bank in Florida, I banked with them for years. Like I said I was fooled for about a 1/2 a second on this one. Thanks Again for the Heads up on this one. It will be at our Postmaster office in the A.M.

15. Rob
    October 3, 2007 at 7:23 am

Hello Everyone, Thank you for your input, I also received my letter. It is exactly the same letter and file numbers. this check was for $4,788.00 from Peoples Bank, Payable through Preferred bank.I also called the phone number and the mailbox is full. I was not fooled out all.But wanted to check out the scam. Postmaster will get it today. Thanks again for your postings.

16. Olga
    October 3, 2007 at 1:07 pm

People, just cash the check, keep the money and let those bastards go bankrupt!

17. October 3, 2007 at 1:48 pm

Yeah Olga… SO do you work for them or what? Telling people to just cash the check is the worst thing they could ever do… Once the check is cashed, sure the money is in your account, until about a week later when the bank actually figures out the check is a fraud and takes the money back out… minus bounced check fees of course if your bank does that. And of course if you spent any of the money you’ll have to repay it all, and then of course there’s the possibility of criminal charges against you for passing a fraudulent check… and no ignorance is not an excuse, you can easily check the validity of the check… and that’s just some of the possibly outcomes when cashing one of these checks… Cashing a check from these people is the worst thing you could possibly do

18. Olga
    October 4, 2007 at 3:53 pm

My comment was a joke. I really hope nobody takes it seriously. Sorry for the confusion.

19. October 5, 2007 at 2:53 pm

I got it today and I have been scammed once so I really threw this one away. Mine is from People Bank. Thanks for this it will save a lot of people some heart ache literally….

20. Romie
    October 8, 2007 at 11:11 pm

Yup I got the check too from Inslink Finacinal same file # and whole nine yards. But here’s the difference between you and me. I actullay cash the check before I looked on here. When I found out about it. I closed my account and opened a new one. Now I am in a bit of a pickle. I don’t know what to do because my old account is now over drawn 4788.00. Now what. And yea I did spend some of it. Not all. I know I am stupid.

21. Granger
    February 22, 2008 at 3:33 am

By the way that John Adams signature is a copy of John Adams, the President. Google it.

22. Sarah
    February 25, 2008 at 6:49 pm

I got a check today 2-25-08. My husband was excited because it looked real well I knew it was a cam I worked at a bank and seen soo many scams like this that I don’t trust any check that I’m not expecting. My letter looks that same only the 2 agents names were different, and the header on mine was Citi Mutual Group with different addresses. The check was off of BB&T bank (no address) the envelope had no return address and the check was for $4,766.00. Wouldn’t it be nice if these people would get caught and sued by all of those who received these checks and were forced to pay us for pain and suffering at the thought of winning $250,000! I hate scammers!!!!God will send his revenge to these evil people!!

23. SIMONE
    March 20, 2008 at 12:29 pm

I received a letter at my mom’s address on 2/27/08 stating final notice, although it was my only. I just called the people yesterday 3/19/08. The guy sound as if he were sleeping. He told me to deposit/cash the check and call back and speak with “Catherine Pomer”. I tried to call back today and both (# I found on the internet)mailboxes are full. I’m trying to report to every agency possible. This is not the first check I received from Canada. The other checks were for secret shopping. I never cashed them because I could not reach anyone at the numbers they gave. I am so glad now.

24. schultzie
    March 21, 2008 at 1:00 pm

I am glad I saw this also. Of course one could only hope right? The one dead giveaway is the canadian post with no return address. How is it with so many people getting these letters that it is still happening? What can be done about people like this? Is there someone to report it to? You know there are so many older people out there that just rely on the goodness of people and really get taken advantage of.

25. Erica
    March 23, 2008 at 4:15 pm

Call the Federal Trade Commission, 1-877-438-4338. I got a letter too. It was sent to my grandmother’s house back in Sept. 2007, but I didn’t get it until this month. I just opened it today. I mine does say NORTH AMERICAN MILLIONS JACKPOT, but it also Dynamic Funds through Charles Schwab. I could not find any info on this branch of Charles Schwab on the net. But then I found this site. You can report this to the Federal Trade Commission, 1-877-438-4338. I got this number from the non-emergency police department when I told the dispatcher about the scam. Federal Trade Commission, 1-877-438-4338.

26. Robert
    March 28, 2008 at 8:53 pm

Received the check today 3-28-08 for 4,655, the Pomer & Boccia Professional Corporation (Woodbridge, Ontario) was listed on the top of the letter. When I reseached this company, they are a collections agency. The company has a website that looks legit, & they are written up in many Canadian newspapers. These guys are pretty good, be very careful.

27. Jennifer
    March 29, 2008 at 2:16 pm

I am calling the FTC asap. THis is crap. I agree with Simone, I wish there was a way to make them pay. Unfortunatelly, i am gullible, to a point, so I believed it for a minute. Fortunately, I have a sixth sense that told me to check into it first. I started with the BBB. THey are in fact a collection Agency and there is a Horizon Bank out of WA. However neither was accredited. So I looked further and found your blog , Thank you. I am an unemployeed mother with 4 kids, so my hopes were really up, at first. THanks again for showing me the light.

28. Juana Ferrufino
    March 29, 2008 at 8:19 pm

Hi, I just got this shity letter. I was kind of skeptical when I got this letter and cashier’s check of $4,377.00. Something in my heart said do some research before claiming this check! Who in the sam hell will gave free money away to someone who does not play the lottery??

29. Michelle
    April 4, 2008 at 4:51 am

OK. I also got a check for 4655. Different names-Catherine Pomer and Johnny Miles phone 778-891-3855. Thank you for posting this as I have also been doing research about this. Knew it was to good to be true! MIne was drawn from HOrizon Bank in WA. The check looks so real-I worked at a bank for many years and alot of people will be fooled.

30. Charity
    April 5, 2008 at 6:30 pm

Well…I got my letter today too. Was so excited when I opened it because the check looks so authentic. Of course something told me to check the internet and I found this blog. That’s so crazy. I wonder where they get the addresses. Mine was sent to my PO Box. All the info on my letter was the same as Michelle’s.

31. sherriely
    April 12, 2008 at 7:12 am

I just got mine in a name I legally changed 5 yrs ago. Mine was from Horizon Bank in Wa for 4566.00 as a cashier’s Check and was going to visit my bank with letter and check to ask them what they thought, thanks for saving me the embarrassment! I will be reporting them as well!

32. Lou
    April 12, 2008 at 4:07 pm

Got the same letter today 4-12-08 and called to speak with sleepyhead johnny. He hung up on me and when I called back it went to a full voicemail. Pretty slick scam – wish I could get my hands around his neck for all the people that will get sucked in to this scam.

33. Reggie
    April 13, 2008 at 3:19 pm

Thanks for the blogs….I received a check this Saturday. Glad I checked the internet before wasting any time on this. Especially since I don’t remember enteing a lottery. This would have been very helpful in paying my 2007 taxes.:-(. No such luck now. Feel bad for those who actually fall for this scam.

34. Bill
    April 14, 2008 at 4:39 pm

Just recived THE letter in my mother’s name who passed away 8/14/06. $4677.00 Cash and send 2900.00 for taxes. The info in the letter was the same as Michelle’s— So thanks so much.

35. Anita Delver
    April 15, 2008 at 10:34 am

I got a letter yesterday from them saying i won 250,000 dollars in a cashiers check & they sent me a cashiers check to pay for the taxes from Horizon Bank in Bellingham Washington. I decided to do a search and found this after typing in the two names from the latter into google. Thanks for posting up this site and staying on this scam.

36. April 15, 2008 at 10:44 am

oh and one more thing the envelope that it came in was post marked from cananda

37. Laura
    April 22, 2008 at 3:19 pm

I got the same thing the other day. I looked up the company Pomer and Boccia and thought it looked legit. I called and talked to a woman. Seemed ok. The next day I was thinking about it some more and I entered in the name John Adams at Pomer and Boccia and found this site. I contacted the FTC like the message above said but i had already deposited the check. I wish I would have seen this right away.

38. michelle
    April 22, 2008 at 4:21 pm

Everyone beware I came across your post trying to figure out who to report it too. Same exact thing

39. Sue
    April 26, 2008 at 8:55 am

Got a check for 3755.00. Being Saturday, can’t reach any of the numbers. But I will follow up on Monday. Just tired of these scams.

40. Hannah
    April 28, 2008 at 8:31 am

Yeah, In the past month alone I’ve had 3 people attempt scams on me on craigslist, and just this morning, I got this exact letter thats on here, I’m gonna call the # and tell these people what scum they are!!! What they are counting on is people cashing the check under their name, being able to send back a certain amount of money, and then a few weeks down the road the bank finds out the checks are phony and has the person who cashed it locked up! These people need to be taken down!!! They are sick and demented!

41. Tammy
    April 28, 2008 at 4:49 pm

Got the big $4400 check in the mail today. Boy, what I could do with that kind of spare change. I knew it had to be a scam since all big jackpots and sweepstake winnings only come as certified mail. They are really good at scamming innocent people. Just think how far in life they could get if they put this much time and effort into making an honest living like the rest of us. Shame on them (Catherine Pomer/Johnny Miles). Thanks for this blog. I feel much better now knowing we are all in this together. I am off and running to my local post office tomorrow.

42. Evelyn
    May 2, 2008 at 5:08 pm

I got the same letter and a check for $2955.00 that I am supposed to deposit and send them $2955.00 from MY account. DUH! I am sending the whole packet to the States Attorney Office for Consumer Protection.

43. Debbie
    May 6, 2008 at 5:09 am

My 13 year old daughter got one of these letters & checks yesterday…She went through the house yelling ” I’m rich “. I was skeptical immediately. Who is going to send a child a check for 2955 for winning a sweepstakes when it is against the law for kids to participate in sweeps or lotteries??? I really wish these people would get caught !!! Good luck to anyone else,that they also don’t get sucked in on this..

44. Lee Maui
    May 10, 2008 at 6:50 pm

Oh my god… Thank you so much for being here. I opened the no returned addressed envelope Friday Night May 09, 2008 (Yep, with the Canada Stamp)when I got home with my family. I was like okay… when the check fell out- I picked it up and said to my self “it looks like a real check” I looked at closely to see if it said something like “this is not a real check” or something. But, it didn’t. Hum…. I read the letter, kind of getting all gitty and quietly I call my husband-like I had to whisper like how you would when you just found out a juicy secret. “Stay where you are and just listen to this” So, I start reading the part about how I won the $250,000.00 – by now he is like “shit” that’s a scam- and I am like – but, here is a check- for $2,984.00. ‘It looks real” I said. So, immediately I got on the Web. I didn’t see this Friday Night. But, the bank name on the check was Bank of America – Payee was DABS LLC 5001 Holder Avenue in Baltimore, MD 21214. Check information:
    check #099147
    Account # 446003153615
    Bank Router # 052001633
    That Friday night I called the number on the letter to speak to my Agent Catherine Pomer or Johnny Miles
    at 1-778-858-0402. I got the same message about the mail box
    was full. I could not leave a message.
    So, I couldn’t just go to sleep after all that so,
    I called Bank of America to verify
    if the check was real. Per the lady at Bank of America the check
    is very real. She said the check is valid and will clear
    for the dollar amount it is written for. She, warned me but
    included to be carful- she said that’s all she could tell me and
    she wished me Luck.
    So, here it is Saturday May 10th and I woke up late because I was up all night. But, anyways I still had time to call them
    My AGENTS. I called the number with my cell phone and Mr.Johnny Miles answers with just a “Hello” no nothing like Hello, West Financial Group this is John Miles how may I help you. Honest it was just Hello and yes- I can’t help to laugh when I read someone elses comment about they think they work John up. I sware that it the same thing I thought. Any ways, I said who I was and he asked me when I received the letter and the question bit about the details on the check. He placed me on hold for about a minute and half and there was the funny beeping noise. It was kind of weired. I was like or shit its putting some kind of tracker on my cell phone. (which after I get done writing this I am going to call sprint and check if that’s possible.) I will then only be too happy to write to you folks about that too. He came back onto the phone and said “okay, go ahead and deposit the check into your checking or savings account and call on Monday to speak with Catherine Pomer”. Before he hungup-which he made like he wanted to and not have me ask him any questions. I asked him could I just cash the check instead of depositing it into any account. He said yes. You can do whatever you want with it. I said okay and said our goodbyes.
    Great, now what. I sit for hours after-thinking what am I going to do… I started calling local law office and see what they think. All of them said – its a scam- Hawaii doesn’t even have lottery. They asked if I had signed up for anything and I said no. They said there you have it. It’s a scam.
    When my husband got home from work, he said are you still bothered about that stupid check. Are you that gulable. He was going to shredd it so I could get off the pot and get some house work done, because he knew it had to be a scam. For me it just felt soooooooo so good to maybe think I did win something. And the thought about the check being real (at some point) well- I just did not want to let go. But, as we sit eating lunch at I glance over at the letter again. I see the bit about American Government being the largest federally charted banks. I said well I never tried googling them. So, I did and found out they are like a bank that helps with Mortgages and stuff. That’s why the letter was talking something about the funds would be held in an Escrow I account. That did not make any since.
    Well any ways- I type in North American Millions Jackpot Fraud and thats how I came to find all my new 43+ friends. Wait scratch that “Angel’s”.
    I am sorry that this is a very long comment, but I have waisted so much of the great weekend on this stupid scam and I hope the next person who gets that stupid check in the mail gets to read our comments first.
    You know the thing that had a big question mark on it for me. Was the fact that the letter said a check for $2,500.00 was included to pay for the taxes that I was going to have to pay. But, my check was written for $2,984.00. So, with my cell phone I call my Agent (I like to say that)lol. And I get that recording bit about no more message can be taken. So, I said hum.. maybe he has caller ID. So, I used my home phone, because they already had that. (on the address sticker on the envelope had my phone number above my name) so, I said I make the long distant call and you know what He ANSWERED in that non-proffesional way John does so well. I said John hey how come the letter says I have been issued a check for the amount of $2,500.00 but the check is for $2,984.00 he said right away “oh because you will have some transaction fees and other charges, so this check would cover you.” Okay, I said. and hung up.
    Man oh man…. After seeing this Blog- I wanted to use my husband cell and give that dip shit a peice of my mind. I want to tell him somthing so bad- like a curse where things on him would start to fall off and wish bad things on anything around him. But, luckly that recorded message came on again. And not to mention that I am christian. So, forgive me the french I used once or twice in this comment.
    I wish I could me you folks and shake your hand or hudle up somewhere and have one good cup of coffee and just have a good laugh about this whole thing.
    Well, Monday is a coming and my AGENT Johnny & Catherine got one more call from me. I can’t promise I will be nice. But, I won’t leave them with a curse-that’s not right. But, I will talk to. I won’t tell you what I will say to them. But, I will write you folks back after Monday.
    Thanks folks. P.S. I am going to Las Vegas in a couple of weeks, so maybe I will be blessed that way if it was meant to be.
    Aloha, Lee in Maui

45. Lee Maui
    May 10, 2008 at 7:10 pm

Hey, Kristofer
    your check had the simular thing
    Your check was for way more $4,899.55
    But, the letter said you where issued
    $2900.00.
    I for got to mention in my first comment that
    the letter doesn’t even have our names on it. Your file
    Number on your letter is the same as mines. kr-714-5449
    and the section of number on the bottom of the letter is the same as mine. Number for Number.
    I think how they get you is the following:
    The Letter is from:
    West Financial Group
    Does not say Dear ____________ “your name”
    and the check is
    DABS LLC a complete diffent name
    like the letter and check don’t even go together.
    Which that will be confirmed in court because
    my letter says a check is issued for $2,500.00
    and the check I actually got was for $2,984.00.
    If they wanted to make sure all the fees was taken cared of
    they would have been proeffesional to make sure the correct
    amount was written on the letter. Just simply for bookkeeping reasons.
    Well, have a good life folks with out trouble makers like these.

Oops I thought I was done,
    Hey just one more note- I hardley use the computer to purchase things, But, I just did a few nights ago. I don’t know if this had somehting to do with it but, it could be. I bought something from two differnt sites that one night and viewed a whole bunch of clothing sites too. Up until this week- this is the firt thing I have ever won. I mean- got scamed.
    Take care folks.
    me Lee in Maui

46. Lee Maui
    May 11, 2008 at 12:36 am

Kristofer, the signatures on the check are copies of
    dead presidents too. Mine was by
    William McKinely and yours was by Lyndon B Johnson.
    Wow that is all I have to day.

47. arburkhead
    May 12, 2008 at 2:38 pm

me and my husband recieved one today also and it is identical to all of yours, with a Bank of America check. The letter was from West Financial Group, also saying that we won 250,000 from North American Millions Jackpot. Saying that the money will be returned in 30 days if not claimed to USA Millions Jackpot. The names of the agents on our letter were Catherine Pomer, and Johnny Miles. The phone number is 778-891-3855, also it stated that the check was for 2,500 but the check that was sent was 2,788 dollars. Thanks for starting this post. Fortunately we found it right away.

48. Dev
    June 24, 2008 at 11:39 am

I received the same check, but didn’t check it out because I figured if I went to the internet someone else would have the information. Thank you for posting this!

Their are also the phone scams “809”, “284”, “876” (or some other three-digit) area code to collect a prize. They are either long distance in the Carribean or Canada and I’ve heard that the phone company will actually hold you responsible for payment because you did indeed make the call. Some poor soul had over $14,000 USD on his bill. There are tons of email scams too. It’s sad, but it is also infuriating and I wish they would crack down on these people. There must be a way to track them down.

49. evie
    June 24, 2008 at 11:59 am

Got a letter today 6-24-08.Said I won 250,000 dollars.Check was from”SUNTRUST”bank.Told me to contact DAVE RENELL or JOHNNY MILES.Check was for the amount of $2,895.00.I never entered a contest-so I figured this was a scam-I did a search and found this website.Thank you for letting us know about this nasty little trick.I could really use that kind of money right now,but Im not stupid!!It would cost more than 3,000 dollars for taxes anyway-people BE CAREFUL!!!Use your brain when It comes to these scams.My envelope didnt even have a return address(I think a legit company would want you to know who sent it),This scam is a good one because they do seem legit,but-If you never entered a contest and it sounds to good to be true-ITS PROBABLY A SCAM!!!!!

50. evie
    June 24, 2008 at 12:02 pm

I forgot to include that my letter was from HOBART,SMITH INC.I hope this may help someone avoid being dooped!!!

51. Pamela
    June 24, 2008 at 5:17 pm

Thank you so much for posting this vital information I got this stupid scam mail today June 24th, 2008 thank god for the creation of the internet where I could do the research, yeah had me going for a miniute but that moment of clarity struck me I read each and every blog message about this and the one that stuck out most is that you could end up in jail for this stupid mess by being gullable. Thanks again Keep posting

52. Pamela
    June 24, 2008 at 5:23 pm

Oh I forgot this check was drawn on M and T Bank. My fiance tore the check and letter up but I will call the bank tommorrow to give them the heads up.

53. Pattie
    July 17, 2008 at 2:21 pm

I got this letter a couple of days ago and really didn’t think much of it, figured it was a scam. However my husband found it today and made me atleast check it out. Mine was the same as Pamela and evie. Was for $2955.00 on M&T Bank. These people need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent and then some. Times are HARD for many many people right now and some will not research this before going to the bank and cashing the check. I am going to scan this and send it to the local TV station so maybe we can help others not to get caught up in the scam.

54. Guedoe
    July 25, 2008 at 3:26 pm

Wow, i knew it was a scam the minute i saw it, but researched anyways. Had to convince the wife, you got the letter, it was fake. I scanned the check and found no security features like the void word or anything. Showed her the dead pres signature. Now she wonders why folks do this to us. Gonna contact the FTC and FBI and get something done. Oh by the way, spoke to Mr Johnny too, funny accent, wondering how much he has spent changing his cell number all the time, lol

55. Roger
    November 4, 2008 at 2:21 pm

My fiancee received a check yesterday from Citi Mutual Group for $4,985.45 for taxes on a $250,000 jackpot. I felt it was a scam, but that I would go on the NET and see if there were any complaints about this company. The following is on the check:

Citi Mutual Group
    1002 9th Street N, 16th Fl
    Arlington, VA 22209

Bank:
    Wachovia Bank N.A.
    Arlington, VA 22207

check no. 21845

The letter attached says that its from a “Consumer Pormotion Draw”
    Benard Henderson
    VP Finance
    Citi Mutual Group
    335 Vancity Road
    Winnepeg MB, Canada.R4K 2G6
    Tel.: 1-866-856-9857

Claim #: PKM 24446-SK

Contact & Claims Agents: Victor Martins or Cathy Hunter 1-866-856-9857 x 2

Tax Agent:
    Veronica Campus
    345 Joyce Street
    Sauphin MB, Canada.R7N 2A2

Tax Amount: $3,950 us dollars

Forward this info to the proper authorities.

56. dave
    November 4, 2008 at 6:40 pm

I got the exact same letter and check too.CLaim #pkm24446-sk. check was for $4958.45 what a scam!

57. Jackie
    November 5, 2008 at 9:37 pm

I received the letter today and immediately called my father in law cuz I for sure knew it had to be a scam – too good to be true right?! I called the number just for fun, after researching online. The voicemail had no name, then when I tried the given extension it said the box was full. Our number is not blocked, so I received a call back from an “unavailable number.” I answered and recognized the male voice and hungup. HE CALLED AGAIN asking me why I hung up. I told him I have no time to talk to him because this whole prize money thing was indeed a scam and that I had found out stuff online. He was SOO rude and claimed it wasn’t a scam. I very angrily replied to him that it indeed was and to f**k off. He asked me if I wanted him to cancel my claim and I told him to go on and cancel it. My check is from Citi Mutual Group in Sedalia, NC. Branch Banking & Trust Co is the bank, I’ll be calling them tomorrow to inform them of the scam.

58. Jact
    November 12, 2008 at 8:34 am

I just recieved a check for $4,985.45 for taxes on a $250,000 jackpot. I called and talked to this guy with a funny accent, he was actually rude to be working for a company…LOL! I think that this has been going on for too long and that if so many people have received this letter over the past year or two that the autorities would do something to protect us people. It really ticks me off because they are preying on people that could actually use this money, we need it. But, to the point thanks to this Web site I did not waste my time…Thanks Ya’ll!!!!

59. Traci
    November 18, 2008 at 2:04 pm

got one today from Citti Mutual Inc out of Canada. It says its draw off citibank in de. Hope this list will stop soon. Thanks everyone for saving my time.

60. Joey Peters
    January 4, 2009 at 12:59 am

I recieved one too.. it was for $3,985. I just turned 18 and have no money so i was excited.. i called the bank and like she said.. they know exactly what i was talking about!!! This is sooo rediculos 🙁 :(.. THIS IS A SCAM.. thanks for helping me learn of this. These italian fuckers need to get a life… thank you again 🙂

61. Joey
    January 17, 2009 at 5:50 pm

I got one of these checks about a month ago. i didn’t cash it out because i couldn’t verify “the guys” who sent the check to me for $4,955.00.

I’m lucky to find out that this whole thing is a scam. thanks for saving me to become one of the scam victims.

does anybody know if you can file a police report for this type of scamming. that should be illegal and somebody should SUE them . im serious.

62. Ruth Russell
    June 1, 2009 at 2:35 pm

Thanks alot I dont believe this is still going on today 5/25/09. I got my letter today from Inslink stating I won $470k yeah right? They want me to sent 3977 thru Moneygram. Funny I just saw this same scam on one of the Judge shows. One poor lady pulled her innocent friend into this and the check was returned and charged to his account. Hence, they are no longer friends. I am contacting BBB and US postal inspectors. Thanks

Comments are closed.