Up for review today I’ve got a product for the kitchen but they can be used for all sorts of things, they’re oven gloves from a company called Fivebop and they’re not bad overall. Read on to learn more…
Product Name and Info:
Fivebop heat resistant oven glove provides all fingers grip withstand extreme heat and even an occasional flame
The oven mitts Perfect for indoor or outdoor use, for the oven, grill, stovetop, barbecue. Made of Aramid on the exterior and double knit cotton on the interior.
– Product Size: 11.42″ x 7.10″ (290mm x 180mm)
– Net Weight: 8.46OZ (240g, 2pcs)
– Withstands extreme heat up to 662F – 932F(MAX),The oven glove woven from a special heat resistant fiber creates a barrier between you and the heat.
– Comfortable 5-finger flexi-grip construction.
– Can be worn on left or right hand and covers up to your wrist, Easy to store with hang rope design.
– Large interior size and soft inner material. One size fits most. Set of 2.
– Flame resistant, Directly put it on fire can resistant heat 10s.
– Perfect for the Barbecue; Grill; Oven; Microwave; Baking; Fireplace; Camping
– Additional features: use it for Car Repair,Welding,Lightbulb Changes And More!
– Please use ordinary mild detergent and air dry.
– Do not use bleach. Bleach will degrade the performance of our aramid fibers.
– Machine washable & hand washable.
Price: $32.99 (from Amazon at time of review)
The Fivebop gloves actually ship in a nice looking box with a window on it and information on the back. Inside you’ll find the gloves wrapped in plastic to keep them clean.
The gloves I got are red and black but you can get other colors. The gloves are heavyweight and they’re rather big. I measured the gloves and they’re about 11.5 inches from the tip of the middle finger to the cuff and then about 7 inches across from the thumb tip the side of the pinky. Those measurements are just as them sitting there but they’re stretchy and when you put your hands in they’ll stretch out and get larger obviously.
The gloves are actually two layers and you can feel the layers when you squeeze the gloves, the outer layer is the black with the rubber on it and then the inner layer which is white and it’s thicker than the black layer. Both gloves have straps coming from the inside of them at the cuffs so you can hang them up if you want to. The gloves feel very well made.
The inner layer fits my hands very well, but the outer layer is sort of loose and bunches up when I wear them.
I like these gloves and they have multiple uses like changing a light bulb for instance or for laundry, yes I said laundry. My wife likes to use these for taking clothes from the dryer. If you’ve ever grabbed a clothes just out of the dryer and touched a hot metal zipper you’ll understand why.
I do have a small complaint though, I’m not sure about the quality of them as one of the gloves has already come apart a bit where the thumb connects to the hand. The threads have come undone and there’s a dime sized hole there and it’s getting bigger. Some of the rubber is coming off in spots too.
At the price these are I think these are a bit overpriced. At this price I would think they wouldn’t be coming apart already as it’s only been about a month.
+Thick and sturdy
+Work great at keeping heat away from hands
-Not sure about the overall quality
-A bit expensive
Disclosure: This product was given to me for review by the company for review purposes only, and is not considered by us as payment for the review; we do not, never have, and never will, accept payment from companies to review their products.